The idea to knit for them is very appealing from many aspects:-
1. As babies and kids are small, so are the garments. Hence the faster to knit and finish.
2. Babies and toddlers are color neutral. So as a knitter, you just go wild with the color combinations that you might never use for yourself. *Think shocking fuschia.*
3. Babies and toddlers aren't as demanding when it comes to shape. So a simple boxy cut does well in most instances.
4. With their smooth and buttery soft skin, you get to knit with the finest quality yarn possible so that any chance of allergies and irritations are eliminated. *Think bamboo, silk blends, linen etc.*
5. Oh, did I mention again that with big yarns and needles, a mini baby top is just a couple hours of work?
Here's some of the items that are completed recently.
Remember this baby jacket?
Jenny completed this toddler jacket sometime Aug last year and with the remaining yarn, casted on for a pair of matching baby tube socks.
Tube socks being tube socks look just like that, until the baby slips their feet into them. (I know, they look like mittens too...so that's dual use!)
On the other hand, Serene just emailed me the irresistably cute photos of her gals in those mini shrugs. Ready for the divas?
Amanda is very obliging and certainly very photogenic. She looks so incredibly comfortable and at ease in front of the camera!
In fact, she even allowed for a back shot!
Ashley is so angelic looking in that pink shrug.
Intan also worked hard on her gal's project.
And it was finished last week!
Isn't it adorable?
Sharing is sexy