Our 16 Oct 2016 (Sun) @10am free course preview is now open for registration!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Knitting chic, stylish bangles

By emy Saturday, February 13, 2010
The title says it all.

The gals wanted to knit up some fashion accessories for my wedding dinner back in Nov. We figured that having a knitted "dress" code literally would result in some of the gals doing a no-show last minute.
Hence, we agreed on having a small and easy knitted accessory.

Then the cover of the VK Holiday 2008 magazine caught our attention.

VK Holiday 2008 knitting magazine

See those bangles? All of them are knitted!

Chai Bee and Jenny then decided to get started -- the pattern chosen?

hand knitted cabled bangles

Aren't they gorgeous? Initially, both Chai Bee and Jenny thought that the yarn is pretty shimmy but then rationalized that a shimmy bangle would add some glamor factor to jazz up their outfits.

Both decided to share a ball of yarn to knit up their respective bangles (50g) with leftovers to spare. Esther who was the third person to the party, found the balance yarn  insufficient.
customized knitted fashion accessory bangle

This photo taken with the daylight background shows off the cable designs way better.

The bangle covers actually knitted up pretty quickly and seaming is a cinch.

In fact, I am also thinking of knitting up a few for myself once I have some time on my hands.


Using this bangles in lieu of mandarin oranges (believe me, if I had time, I would knit them!), 
The Handiworks wishes everyone a HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR!


Sharing is sexy

Related posts