Our 16 Oct 2016 (Sun) @10am free course preview is now open for registration!

Monday, December 26, 2005

Plain and simple projects for travelling

By emy Monday, December 26, 2005
I'm back! From my Taiwan holiday trip where I spent half the time travelling on a coach to get from destination to destination. I am so glad that I've packed some projects to occupy those long trips.

My criteria for travelling projects are:
- the project has to be small and portable,
- the pattern is easy to knit and allows me to readily memorize
- single piece item (better if there's no use of scissors)

So crochet projects are usually out as I need to eyeball the project whereas knitting can be done without looking.

Here's what I brought:


Exhibit A
A bottom-up knit in the round top which I casted on the night before I left for the trip.


And the progress to date:

A little more needed before I finish off the neckline.


Exhibit B
Other than that, I started on this project too! Any guess?
Yes, it's a sock from toe-up for my other half. Wish me luck as he has size 12 feet!

Yarn details: Regia 4 ply
This project uses Regia 4ply sock yarn with a 25% polyamide, 75% wool content. There are not too many sock yarns available in Singapore. I only have limited quantities of these so please contact me if you wish to purchase them.


So what projects do you bring along on your holiday trips? Sharing is sexy

Related posts